Saturday 11 June 2011

Something to hold on to...

I am in Belfast. Hurray! I left Reading this morning and here I am after all that traveling. I used to love traveling but I don't find it much fun these days. Still, there was something that got me through the day - something to hold on to - and for that I am so grateful.


You will no doubt have heard the great news. Brucie has earned a knighthood. And not before time if you ask me. How can there be any justice in the world when this man has been ignored by the establishment for so long? This is a miscarriage of justice put right. Arise Sir Bruce. Go forth across this realm, armed with your trusty catch-phrases. Bring light where there is darkness and do that funny little stutter thing when you say 'alright my love'. That's just brilliant!


In other news, some scientist who saved millions of lives got a CBE for his efforts and lots of other genuine deserving cases got ignored. Still, who cares? Brucie got a knighthood! A much deserved accolade for a multi-millionaire who has clearly not been rewarded for his efforts over the years.

2 comments:

  1. I've made this crap joke before and i'll jolly well make it again.... Ahem...

    I can imagine the queen knighting him. "Arise Sir Bruce" she would have said, followed by "Higher, higher, no, lower, lower, higer, lower", etc...

    Do I win my Molly award for best commenter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win a Nobby Nomates Award for two reasons:

    1. With jokes like these...No mates.

    2. Not so much the best, as the only commenter.

    Mind you, I liked it. However, I have no friends as well.

    ReplyDelete