Thursday 24 February 2011

Whose voice is that?

One of the ways that actors make a crust is by voicing adverts. It's not always obvious who the voice belongs to, though others are easy to spot. It seems that, at present, half the adverts on TV are voiced by Robert Webb - one half of the brilliant Mitchell & Webb comedy duo. His voice is everywhere at present.

Sometimes you hear a voice and it seems familiar - but you just cannot put a face to it. Humans are great at facial recognition. We are not so good with voices. I had been puzzling recently about 'Monkey' from the PG Tips tea adverts - the glove puppet that appears alongside Johnny Vegas. I know that I know the voice - but I needed to google it to finally solve the mystery. Have a go at working it out for yourself...


I cannot simply post the answer without giving it away, (so the answer is in the comments). However, the actor is a comedian, and not surprisingly is one half of an excellent comedy duo - who just so happens to be celebrating his 45th birthday today (notice the common thread in many of my postings?).

1 comment:

  1. The answer is Ben Miller, from Armstrong & Miller.

    ReplyDelete