Saturday 28 May 2011

If you read this blog...

...please leave a comment at the foot of the Gallery below. Even just a single word will do. Just so that I know if anyone is actually reading this blog.

I know that at least one person reads it on a regular basis, but I would like to know if anyone else does. I will leave this message here for a few days. I hope to hear from you. In the meantime, here is a nice picture for you to look at (I will add a new one each day).

Gallery


Wayne Rooney takes his Manager's advice very carefully. Having been caught looking into the crowd, he was told to keep his eyes on the pitch. As we can see, he is doing just that. Well done Wayne. We are all impressed with your professionalism. Good luck against Barcelona tonight. You will need it.


"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". It works for signs too. Attributed to various people, including George Elliot, Mark Twain, Abe Lincoln and Confucius. On second thoughts, I think it works for Americans in general.



Isn't she a picture of loveliness? Yes Sir - she's a ding-dong doozie of a woman. Heaven is indeed missing an angel. Nothing makes you more attractive than being drunk and having a fag hanging out of your mouth. Now that's class!


Sarah Palin may stand for President - to cheers from the very people who would suffer if she succeeds. Americans seem obsessed with voting against their own economic & social interests. Palin and her ilk play to this ignorance with their superficial platitudinous populism. This image sums it up for me. You cannot know what is good for you unless you are prepared to look beyond the label.


Apparently, the big-wigs at FIFA are all corrupt. My, my! I am shocked. The 2022 World Cup was awarded to Qatar - where temperatures reach over 50'C at the time of year that the tournament is played - and it is being suggested that Qatar might just have bribed FIFA officials to win. I will believe that FIFA is clean when I spot my first rhino against the autumn sky, migrating south for the winter. 


'Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth – Put out my hand and touched the Face of God'. Space Shuttle Endeavour has completed its last mission and is now in retirement. That leaves only Atlantis still in operation and it makes its last flight in July. How sad! Here is a spectacular photo of last week's launch that captures something of the magic.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've looked worse many a time. Luckily there wasn't a complete bastard standing by with a camera at the time. Mind you, it doesn't happen that often (just Saturday nights) but Yvete gets like that when she goes on a bender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palin running? I hope so. I could do with a daily laugh. The world is pretty fucked anyway so lets have a court jester to keep us entertained as civilisation sinks. Seriously though, the thought of her running could bring the rest of America to its senses; lots of people would get out and vote to stop her getting in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palin for the win!! Oh wait, Sarah? Sorry thought you meant Michael. I'd vote for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'oh! She would 'pale in'to the background next to Michael.

    ReplyDelete