Saturday 7 May 2011

It's 'Business as Usual'

I love politicians. And by that I mean I don't love politicians. Rather, I 'love' the games they play, the lies they tell and the thinly-veiled contempt in which they hold the public. The Lib Dems, fresh from a sound thrashing - which they squarely blame on their coalition partners - are claiming that they will be back in cabinet this week for 'business as usual'.


Vince Cable knows it's business as usual. Today, he has described his 'business' partners as "ruthless, calculating and very tribal". Sounds promising. Fellow Lib Dem Minister Chris Huhne accused his business partners of spreading "lies, misinformation and deceit". He has also threatened legal action. As you do.



I look forward to watching these partners work together for the good of the country. I love a good scrap - same as the next man. My money is on the Tories. They have the numbers on their side and they look a bit heavier than the Lib Dems. Weight always gives you an advantage when it comes to a bit of argy bargy. And doubtless some of the older Tories will have done a bit of boxing at their public schools. Being able to land a good right hook will come in handy when these lot get down to business next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment