Monday 28 March 2011

What a brilliant effort

What happens if you are a taxidermist and you have no idea what a lion looks like? Well, that's what happened here.


The story goes that, in 1731, King Frederick I of Sweden received a lion skin as a gift. The taxidermist tasked with mounting the lion had never seen a lion in real life and only had a vague idea of what one was supposed to look like.

I say 'hats off' to the man. That really is a splendid effort - it looks just like the 'king of the jungle'. I can just imagine the king's delight when he saw this 'teddy bear' staring back at him. Oh - if only I had a time machine. That unveiling would be near the top of my list.

10 out of 10 for imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Superb. I'll be sniggering about that all of tomorrow. The teeth make it.

    ReplyDelete