Friday 22 April 2011

Roger Glover - Love is all

I was talking to the Bean and somehow this came up in conversation. Roger Glover was a member of Deep Purple. Whilst many a budding guitarist has mastered the opening chords to the Purple's Smoke on the Water, few would even be aware of this offering from the welsh bass player. It is a chirpy fairy tale of a song - based upon the children's book 'The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast'.

It is far from being what you might expect from a heavy rock bassist, though it does feature fellow rocker and recently deceased Ronnie Dio on vocals. An animated music video was produced to go with the song. I sent the link to the Bean but I thought it was worth sharing regardless. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. The mask attached to the mouse playing the piano, around the 2 minute mark. Is that supposed to be a sneaky tribute to yellow submarine?

    Do I win my rock trivia award?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to be a bit of a 'meanie' to deny you your rock trivia award.

    Do I win a rock punning award?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "meanie mouse". geddit?

    Also, there were quite a few beetles in the cartoon.

    Also, the title is "Love is all" (you need perhaps?)

    Also, Roger Glover is an anagram of "George Lover".

    I think there's more to this than meets the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win. I cannot compete against that level of punning. I am no expert or 'pun'dit compared to you.

    Collect your award next time you are in Reading.

    ReplyDelete